xp applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

goatsmilk87

Beta member
every application i open seems like it takes forever, or just never pops up. Dos has somehow changed its icon into an unknown file icon and never opens. plus, my biggest problem is everytime i try to switch the comp to 32-bit color, it goes wacko and restarts. help!

check for latest and greatest drivers. run spyware & virus scans.

has it always been this way? have you made any changes to the pc?

well it crashed so i had to reformat the whole thing, lost alot of important files. Beforehand though i did every scan possible, spyware, virus, and registry scans. nothing worked though.

Press Ctrl-Alt-Del and make sure no single program is taking up all of the CPU power.

Is everything in windows going slow, or just certain programs? You might be running into a problem if you're running xp under a limited account, and the application you're running requires access beyond what you're giving it.

Can you access a DOS prompt? Don't know how you could have managed to delete DOS, didn't know you could.

If this happens again post back, do as Obtuse said and we will help.

Also.. you should have set up your hard drive as a slave on anothers computer, that way you could get your files! keep that in mind.
I also suggest getting a slave drive, or notron ghost. that way you can keep your stuff when things go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom