XP AGP Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

eviscero

Solid State Member
I have a rather interesting problem.

It all started about 3 months ago. I started getting weird video on my desktop and during gaming. It would only kick on (the corrupt video) when I started playing a directX or OpenGL game. It would then continue to corrupt the video even after I closed the game. I would have to restart to clear it up.
Here is a image of it.

http://www.eviscero.net/images/prob1.jpg

After swapping out the card with another AGP (Nvidia MX440) I determined it was my ATI9700 so I RMA'd that card. After 5 days (rather quick...kudos to ATI) they sent me a new card. I plugged that in and boom - same problem. But this time I couldnt even POST.

I figured the AGP port went bad on my PC since when I installed a PCI video card I was able to boot and get to desktop. I went out and purchased another MoBo. Installed it, and the AGP cards (ATI9800 & Nvidia MX440) and BOOM - Same farking prob....corrupt video and no POST.

Yet, I am able to POST and load windows with a PCI Video card.

I've narrowed it down to CPU, RAM & PSU. Yet, I can boot without an AGP card on both MoBos with common CPU, RAM, & PSU.

What do you guys think? It loads with PCI card but not an AGP. Perhaps my AGP part of my CPU is fried?

Below are sys specs; I've included all the parts I've been using.

A7N8X DLX / A7n8x-E Dlx
AMD XP 2800
ATI9800 - Nvidia MX440
PC2700 RAM (1024mb)
Win XP SP2

Thanks a bunch
-Evis

Its possible that your PSU is dying and not getting enough power to the rest of your system.

PSU or something, because it's not the video card or mobo which are the only ones which could cause problems, besides the screen

Its def not the monitor as it happens on 3 different monitors. I tried it with a 400w and a 350w PSU.

Both produced similar results.

Are you saying that it could not be the CPU? If the PC boots with an PCI VIDEO CARD....its a power issue?

try lots of different drivers, you could get them from guru3d.com

if nothing happens, try to reformat, that should fix it. If that won't do it, it's your mobo or maybe PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom