XP Admin Folder Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworth

Solid State Member
I am the admin on my PC. I'm the only one who uses it. Anyone got any idea how I can access this "documents" folder that has appeared in my My Computer folder? I'm trying to figure out whats in it. Thanks-

Depends on the security permissions that are on that folder. SHow us those, then maybe we can give you more answers.

Gonna have to help me on security permissions. Where am I suppose to be looking for these SP's? Thanks -

Ok, well normally you just right click on that folder that you want to access, then click properties. Look for a security tab, then click on it and give us a snap shot of that, just like you did earlier.

ok, what operating system are you using? That might not matter though. I think you have simple file sharing on. Disable it and see if you give us a snapshot of your Security settings on that folder.

Attachments

• file2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 13
I'm on XP Home. I've been looking around for awhile and can't find it. Could someone please instruct me on how to go about disabling simple file-sharing. All the file sharing opitions are turned off in the properties tab. I don't know if that should do it or not.

Pull up your folder, then go to tools, then folder options. Then View.

That option should be all the way at the bottom if your hard drive is formatted as an NTFS partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom