xp activation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan9562

In Runtime
I managed to scratch up my windows xp home cd..
so i downloaded one off bittorrent. ( i have a valid xp key )
but when i come to install it wont take my serial key........so i put in the one that came with the torrent..how can i change the key now so i am using my valid key?? Ive tried a few key changers but none of them seem to work...anyone got any ideas??

You can't, you'll have to reinstall windows. You have to ensure you have the EXACT edition of XP for that CD key to work. I've even heard of manf. specific CD keys, like Dell CD keys will only work with dell CD's (which in your case you'd have to find a Dell CD download or a copy from a friend).

I do not believe you can change your pirated (yes pirated) CD key, you'll have to reinstall.

In order for your old CD key to work you will have to ensure you have the exact same edition as your old one. One thing you could try is copying the CD w/ Nero and see if that fixes the issue.

ive tried copying the cd....but it is completely fu***d!

I am aware that its pirated thats why im trying to sort it...the one ive downloaded is with sp3....which is maybe where im going wrong....as mine is just xp...without any service packs or anything. ill give it ago. thanks anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom