XP 64-bit and HP Photosmart C3180 Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sab3156

Baseband Member
I have just installed Win XP 64-bit OS, and I'm trying to install drivers for my HP Photosmart C3180 printer, but it says that 64 bit is NOT supported when I try to install from the installation CD.........

:confused: Does this mean I CANNOT print from this computer?!?! Has HP come out with an update?

- sab

Odd, I'm having a similar problem, with Vista (this one is 32bit, though) with the same problem. Although the computer I'm working on is a laptop (Gateway, unsure of the model b/c its at work right now). Although the problem is that Vista keeps turning the print spooler off..did a bit of googling and I may have to do some registry editing if an executable im gonna try downloading that automatically fixes the problem, doesn't work. What really gets me is that it had worked before a few months ago,and now it doesn't work anymore...

Yeah, I was having problems with the Spooler, I had to manually start it in Services.

Can you do that in Vista? I'm running in XP, so I don't know about Vista...

- sab

Yeah, you can manually start it. Start > in the search box type "Services" and hit enter > click Continue at the prompt > find Print Spooler and start it from there. Although my problem is, as soon as I do that, it shuts the spooler off when I try to add the printer the Printers section...it'd give me a 0x0000006b error or something like that after I started the spooler. I googled that error, and then found a couple places that linked to the same place that had some instructions on a possible way to fix it...so I'll see on Monday when I go back to work if that'll fix it or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom