XP 64-bit drivers - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Exclamation XP 64-bit drivers

Now from what I hear this is a problem. I just check my printer manufacturer and they don't offer 64-bit drivers. I am sure neither do my webcam manufacturer. So where does this leave us? Buy all new stuff or wait for these guys to get off their asses and write some new drivers??...

Alternatively, do any of you fellas know whether Microsoft offers some kind of driver interpreter that can work with 32-bit drivers? I don't care if it's slower, as long as it works. It can run 32-bit apps. Why the hell can't they do the same thing with drivers.. I know I know, it's at a different layer altogether. But still. It shouldn't be impossible..

Old 04-27-2005, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Nope you defiantly need special 64 bit drivers, I have ran it.

Your only option is to wait for them to release 64bit drivers or buy new, or make your own drivers.

Old 04-27-2005, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Blitze105 Send a message via Yahoo to Blitze105

its prolly not. but "the customer" is asking microsoft give them a few years and they just might help.. if not "hackers" will make them on their own and itll become a small business and microsoft will buy it then we can finally have our drivers for everything to work! but we'll need an activation code wont we.. geeze then itll be up to our hackers again to make up a new program for that

sorry lol thought id say that. but maybe one day they will make an update to make it so we can use both.. if not we'll just have to buy new ones all together.. which will eventually happen when they upgrade it alot so oh well
Old 04-27-2005, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

omg. Blitze, I have no idea what u said just now man. lol. I think u said something like, we need "hackers to make the drivers since the companies and microsoft won't get off their asses and address the issue", right?

And Chris, u mean u have the evaluation version of XP 64-bit running in ur box? How is it? Worth the jump?
Old 04-27-2005, 09:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

I had it, I was having software compatability issues with farcry? and crap

No peformance gain and actually a loss in 32bit
Closed Thread