xp on a 320gb hard disk stops working when sp2 is uninstalled

Status
Not open for further replies.

secfan

Beta member
hey, my computer was originally working alright, with windows xp pro installed on a 320gb hard disk (however without sp2, xp only supported hard disks upto 137gb or something, so i could only regain the other remaining space by creating another partition on it, but only after installing sp2 on it, which is what i did)...

but the problem arose when i uninstalled sp2 (through the add/remove programs menu, i only did that because one of my software was outdated and didnt support sp2, and i forgot the fact that my hdd was only "supported" on sp2), and from then i couldnt start my computer, and when i put the 320gb hdd on another computer which had sp2, it said that the hdd was not formatted (and looking at control panel->administrative tools->computer management->storage->disk management, it said that the partition in which xp was installed on (the 137gb one) was an empty partition, and the other partition which i used to regain the remaining space was unpartitioned)...

and using chkdsk on xp recovery console from the setup brings up a message like "chkdsk found unrecoverable errors"...

in any case i seemed to have lost all the data on my hdd, unless someone knows a way to recover anything??? any suggestions??? just a simple YES or NO on whether ANY data can be recovered in this situation??? cos thats all i wanna know at the moment... (with the possiblity to avoid formatting if possible) :/ please any help would be appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom