xerox

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsChild

In Runtime
the un-deletable folder in program files...

this has been killing me for awhile, how do i get rid of it, i remeber someone said to me the only way is to boot to dos, then find and delete it.

thanks

Here's what you do:This will give you added power over your Xtremely Pesky operating system. I did the following and have had NO problems: Do a find on 'sfcfiles'. You need to do the advanced search option, and check 'Search system folders', 'Search hidden files', and 'Search sub folders'. Results will be sfcfiles.dll, in one or more places. Change all their names (highlight the file and hit F2) to sfcfilesold.dll. XP may tell you that you are being very very BAD, so tell XP to go piss up a rope...lol........ Restart, and voila, you can delete nwwia, xerox etc

Windows 2000 and XP include a feature called Windows File Protection (WFP), part of the System File Checker, which is intended to avoid some of the common DLL consistency issues. This feature may also block valid attempts to change system files and it can therefore be disabled using this tweak

Open your registry and find the key below.
Change the value of "SFCDisable" to equal "ffffff9d" to disable WFS or "0" to enable it. The other valid hexadecimal values are:

1 - disabled, prompt at boot to re-enable
2 - disabled at next boot only, no prompt to re-enable
4 - enabled, with popups disabled
ffffff9d - for completely disabled

Make a backup the SFC_OS.DLL in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory.
Make an additional copy of SFC_OS.DLL called SFC_OS1.DLL and open it in a hex editor.
Windows XP (no Service Pack)
At offset 0000E2B8 (0E2B8h) you should find the values "8B" and "C6".
Windows XP (Service Pack 1)
At offset 0000E3BB (0E3BBh) you should find the values "8B" and "C6".
Do not continue if you are unable to find these values.
Change the values "8B C6" to read "90 90" and save the changes.
Run these commands to update the system files:
copy c:\windows\system32\sfc_os1.dll c:\windows\system32\sfc_os.dll /y
copy c:\windows\system32\sfc_os1.dll c:\windows\system32\dllcache\sfc_os.dll /y

If you are prompted to insert the Windows CD, click Cancel.
Restart Windows for the change to take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom