XBOX 360 controller not recognize in windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike4realz

In Runtime
i tried to install the drivers (xinput), but i got an error that said the installtion did not complete. i also installed directx april 2007 updates which includes the xinput drivers but still won't recognize the controller. i downloaded the software from microsoft.com/hardware but it's just the software, no drivers at all. HELP

Using XP Pro SP2 32-bit

Did you install all this with the controller still hooked up? Have you tried removing the controller, restarting, then after XP loads plugging the controller back in?

I got it to work on mine without any problems. I just plugged it in, then when the "windows found new hardware" baloon poped up I just told it to install the software automatically, it then connected and downloaded the Xbox 360 for windows drivers.

the controller was unplugged before i installed the drivers, then reboot and plugged it in but still it didn't work.

i thought the controller works for all versions of XP? and i have wmp 11

the controller was unplugged before i installed the drivers, then reboot and plugged it in but still it didn't work.

i thought the controller works for all versions of XP? and i have wmp 11

no. it was only for media center at first. then wmp 11 gave you the capabilities. go into it's option and allow the xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom