Xbcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
I was wondering if any of you are familiar with XBCD? It's a 3rd party driver designed for Xbox and Xbox 360 controllers for PC. It allows for more comprehensive control of the device as opposed to Microsoft's drivers.
I'm having trouble installing it. I had it installed once, and it worked like a charm when I followed the instructions. I uninstalled it because I was a noob and thought it was conflicting with Colin Mcrae: DiRT. But now I want it back, but it won't install. I have the appropriate files copied over in their places (the .sys file in System32\Drivers\, and the .inf file in Windows/inf).
When I update the driver for the controller in Device Manager, the new inf file doesn't show up in the list like it did before. I have integrity checks off, and I even Disabled Driver Signature Enforcement on startup because I know the DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS trick doesn't work anymore.
When I click 'Have Disk' and point it to the download directory with the inf file, it gives me a blue screen and cites XBCD.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom