x64 XP BSOD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhikMan

In Runtime
Hey, i just installed 64 bit XP and i got it running nicely, until i went into network connections. I can change the network configuration for a while, but all of a sudden, it will BSOD and then go into a loop of shutdown, attempt to boot, BSOD, attempt to boot, BSOD, and so on. the only way i can fix this is by entering in safe mode and doing a system restore back to just before i installed updates. :confused::confused::confused: Does anyone on know why its doing this? thanks...

Mind telling us what the BSOD STOP code is, and if there's any words in all caps at the top (e.g. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL). The stop code will be formatted as such:

0x000000XX, where XX = some alpha-numeric code.

And do you know which update specifically is causing this, by chance? Maybe that could be the problem, the update is conflicting with other software.

ill check what the stop code is soonish, but i don't think it was the updates cause i did a system restore to before the updates where installed and it still did it.

right oh, i gots the stop code for the boot BSOD. it being:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000000000000000, 0x000000000000002, 0x0000000000000008, 0x00000000000000000)

Looking at this ima gonna hazard a guess at the network drivers have shiz their dacks, but thats just a guess. Im not sure if the BSOD that occurs in windows that triggers it is the same but i would think so. gonna look for some new drivers for it.

Hello,

You are correct. The network driver is is causing this issue. That is why you have to restore to a point before you installed the driver to get the PC working again.

check to see if they have a better driver out there.

Cheers,
Mak

right oh, here's what happened. i installed the new drivers and booted up in normal mode. went to network settings, made a networjk bridge and then it BSOD'd again, but it didnt throw its self into a loop again. it booted normally. and now its running fine. stragne eh? any ideas on why? i havnt actually hooked the network up to it yet so ill do that now and she how she goes with the internet plugged in...

Mmmk... plugged the internet in and................BANG BSOD
STOP 0x000000D1

gah...annoying...

Any ideas anyone? im stumped, been cruzing the internets and i cant find much...

looked around and found stuff about IRQ assignments. Could this be a possible reason? here's my IRQ assignments:

irqem1.jpg

Do these seem abnormal or not?

I hope its not cause i cant find a way to change em without installing windows again.

EDIT:: It hates making a network bridge. If i dont make one, everything works perfectly... Strange...

Hello,

Search Results

There is a ton of results for STOP 0x000000D1. It seems to be that the network bridge is causing the fuss. Did you remove the drivers with Driver Cleaner Pro?

Cheers,
Mak

looking through that search list, a lot of the errors occur on Windows 2003 64. because xp 64 is based on server 2003, is it possible to install the hot fixes for 2003 for xp 64? N00b question i know, but hey...that's how we learn

EDIT:: nope, running driver cleaner didn't work.....

SUPER EDIT:: ok, so this is the error im having, but with 64 bit xp so the fix wont work... You receive a "STOP 0x000000D1" error after you create a network bridge on a computer that is running Windows XP and ideas anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom