X:windows system32 cmd exe Pop up problem

uh oh
so i tried swapping out the hdd and ram, still no go...
i did forget to mention that the keyboard doesn't work so i have a usb keyboard plugged in
could this have anything to do with it?

uh oh
so i tried swapping out the hdd and ram, still no go...
i did forget to mention that the keyboard doesn't work so i have a usb keyboard plugged in
could this have anything to do with it?

Odd, lets try something different then, stop using that hp image disk you have been using to restore your pc.
If you have windows 7 home, pro or ultimate, I highly advise you to look into getting a windows 7 oem disk needed to install the os for your needs.

Like I said before, install the os using a normal disk and partition the hdd in full NTFS.
If your keyboard on your laptop is dead, just take the front chassy if the laptop, and disconnect the old keyboard ribbo connector and get a new replacement.
Have a look at google videos for small tutorial on how to do this.
Hopefully it will not cost you much to fix it, if your up for it.

Well this is a customers laptop. I don't want to charge her for a keyboard that might not even fix the problem. No matter what windows CD I use it fails.

Well this is a customers laptop. I don't want to charge her for a keyboard that might not even fix the problem. No matter what windows CD I use it fails.

I see, if it really comes down to it, offer her a new laptop/netbook/pad for her needs.
If she needs it, just lay it out on the table with her and give her the bad news.
At times like this, there isn't much you can do, but recycle it or just move on.

Also, if she decides to buy a new lappy, let her know she will be paying for it, but you will be responsible for chucking out the garbage ware upon boot and giving it a little tweek.
Also, make sure to let her know, you'll service it personally if needed, prevents the unecessary middle man tech support and wait times for a fix up.

I see, if it really comes down to it, offer her a new laptop/netbook/pad for her needs.
If she needs it, just lay it out on the table with her and give her the bad news.
At times like this, there isn't much you can do, but recycle it or just move on.

Also, if she decides to buy a new lappy, let her know she will be paying for it, but you will be responsible for chucking out the garbage ware upon boot and giving it a little tweek.
Also, make sure to let her know, you'll service it personally if needed, prevents the unecessary middle man tech support and wait times for a fix up.

I'm pretty sure Krazy knows how to run a business ;).

@krazy: Since you've swapped out HDD, RAM... I'd almost lean towards a board issue. One thing you could try... is remove the netbook's keyboard, and just use a USB keyboard. maybe there's something wrong with the stock keyboard?

I'm pretty sure Krazy knows how to run a business ;).

@krazy: Since you've swapped out HDD, RAM... I'd almost lean towards a board issue. One thing you could try... is remove the netbook's keyboard, and just use a USB keyboard. maybe there's something wrong with the stock keyboard?
yup!
thanks for the advice though but don't worry she wasn't upset with me.
I'm just testing stuff here.
well i told her we could order a new keyboard but even if it doesn't work after there's no refund.
She's ok with that and on top of that she bought my netbook which was great because i stopped using it since we have out own computer set up at the store and the netbook was only used when i used to travel.
Glad i had it all set up and ready and she liked it
and i did think about unplugging the netbook however these are the hp mini's so its tedious and annoying so i'm just gonna wait for that new keyboard and if it still doesnt work then...i tried!
thanks for the help, if the new keyboard does fix it and WHEEE and yes i will post about it

Back
Top Bottom