wxplorer.exe devouring system resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
I was just playing BF when my connection went to **** and I started getting a 2500ms ping. I quit when it kicked me from the server to find that explorer.exe was using 159MB of RAM and digging into the pagefile (had maxed out my resources)

Any idea how I would fix it?

Is this the same system you keep having issue with? Didnt you have some other issues with this system? I read about th eDues Ex and that. Have you tried like a Repair install to see if it helps any?

Let me put it this way... it's my system. I own it, hence I will always have issues with it. That's just my luck. Working long hours on it won't fix it, and nor will throwing money or other resources at it. My share of luck says, that if I have it, it breaks. So... there's only so much point in spending more resources on it, be they time or otherwise, since it'll only break again.

I lost the install CD at this point, and I don't plan to buy/pirate/whatever another.

also, typo'd the title, supposed to be explorer.exe

I have the same problem... explorer.exe was using anywhere from 83-97% of processor according to task manager... couldn't do anything. going to bookmark that site, the pc I had that issue really could use a repair. thanks for the site, and I'm halfway glad I'm not the only one *btw, I went 2 years without AV or spyware blocker software. 2 months with current gf and one profile will not do anything, mine *which she uses now* will surf the net... that's it*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom