wuauserv problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
The problem is that after my computer is logged on all of a sudden svchost jumps to 100% for about 7-12 min after much research i have discovered that the service within the svchost is wuauserv which is the windows update auto update service. When i disable the service i have no problems. I however can not keep this disable (not by choice) This computer is on a network that forces the service on through group policy. has anyone seen this before and have any ideas how to fix this problem. My computer is not the only one on the network having this issue. we have two others that i am aware of .

Generic Speech to Follow.

When did the problem start?
what anti virus and anti spyware programs are you running?
Update Windows, all Drivers and all Scan definitions for protection programs.
Use MSconfig and google to uncheck all unneeded start up entries.

Go through this guide, complete all steps.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/warez-monsters-4-step-spyware-removal-guide-114061/
Download and run regseeker. Then Disk Clean up, then Disk Defrag. (Or whatever program you use, Diskkeeper or O&O)

Report Back.

update your computer via update.microsoft.com (run it several times)
the wuausrv.exe should only check for new updates at startup, and periodicly (if you are updated)
if not, it can take a while, and use a lot of resources in the mean-time.

On my personal computer it started happening prob 5 months ago. I have done a reinstall and it still does it. I have done virus and spyware scans (spybot, symantec antivirus, housecall.trendmicro.com, pcpitstop.com) The computers go to out server to get all the updates and not the actual windows update site.

Thanks for the script. I currently have the service disabled on the computers but we would really like to resolve the problem rather than just turning off the service because now we obviously can not get any updates.

Just yesterday we got another computer that started doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom