wrong keybord setup...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weewun

In Runtime
i have a normal, british style keybord with the pound sign above the 3 etc, but for some reason, my computer thinks it is an american keyboard so alot of the buttons do different things. i was just wondering how i changed it back to the british settings. if any1 knows, plz let me know...

I am going to take a stab at this one, but please correct me if I am wrong. What weewun needs is the drivers for his keyboard. He/she needs to install the drivers for the model keyboard which should take care of the situation.

On a related note - my office has a staff member whose native languege is chineese. Where can I get her a chineese languege keyboard?

Hello,

1. Start...
  2. Control Panel...
  3. Regional and Language Options...
  4. In the Regional Options Tab: Ensure that English (United Kingdom) is selected under Standards and formats and that United Kingdom is chosed under Location...
  5. Click on the Languages Tab...
  6. Click on the Details button at the top...
  7. Ensure that the Default input language is set to English (United Kingdom) - United Kingdom...
  8. In the Installed services section underneeth, make sure that the input language EN English (United Kingdom) exists, and that United Kingdom has been set as the keyboard input language...

isxj4.jpg

9. If you see another input language, for example EN English (United States) instead, and or US as the keyboard input language, click on the Add button on the right and this window will appear...

exteu9.jpg

10. ...Select English (United Kingdom) as the Input Language, and then check the Keyboard Layout/IME box and select United Kingdom. Click OK.
  11. Once back in the Text Services and Input Languages window, click and remove any remaining services of other languages.
    [/list=1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom