would 2 gigs be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
talldude123 said:
i think he is talking about installing Windows XP Professional on one 2-GB hard drive

i think thats impossible, you need at least 4.3 GB to make xp run properly without apps.

I wouldn't say "impossible." Nothing is impossible with some tweaking. :D

talldude123 said:
i would install windows 2000, its works just as good, its fairly recent (5 years old) and only takes up 1 gig total.

I agree. Just install 2000 Pro. Windows XP takes up too much memory, and HD space with all the fancy stuff. 2000 is a good OS. Personally, I like it better than XP. Seems more stable to me. So why the h#ll am I still using XP?:p :amazed:

You can tweak XP to be almost identical (performance wise and look wise) and still have the compatability and security of XP.

Well Talldude is right just checked the M$ site and you need 1.5GB of space for XP Pro. I will say from experience that XP Home and Pro doesnt run well on 256MB of RAM. I would suggest at least 512MB RAM. It is possible with 256MB but it will be slow. 512 can handke it but even then it can get bogged down. If you do any gaming then XP Pro with 256MB will not cut it. Your games will lag big time. XP eats up most of the memory with services that can be disabled but still it is tough to accomplish it without somekinda lag.

ok.. well the max my computer can hold is 512mb of ram so i just need a whole new computer....

I don't know, maybe around 2.3 gigs. I found a website with a home to pro conversion and they only give 4 files for download to put into a home iso. There isn't a really big difference between home and pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom