Working with a Raid Array

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelo

Solid State Member
I have a 10TB RAID array with vast amounts of different file types between 3 and 5 megs in size right now the RAID is about 70% full but I need to calculate:

1) How many of a certain filetype are on the RAID (i.e: how many pdfs does it have).
2)How much space do those filetypes take up (i.e: 33,000 pdf's taking up 1.23 TB's)

Right now I can't think of a simple way to do this, in the past when the content of the RAID was much smaller I simple open up windows search and found all *.pdf files in the location, selected the lot and looked at the properties for the file count and total size. It worked fine for a short period then as the storage total grew it became progressively slower until now when it simple cannot find all the files or calculate the totals. I need a new method. I anyone can advise it would be much appreciated.
Cheers!

Are they really that scattered? I mean you could just copy and paste them into one folder and then right click the folder and then click properties. All the info will be there.

Nah they are seperated into numerous folders by various databases, there's no way I can do that.

$9,000 for 300,000 documents!!! No wonder I've never heard of it, super pricey and unfortunetly the RAID has 700,000 docs on it. I suppose I could always pay $50,000 for this one
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom