WordPerfect Problem: Won't Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

daRcer

Baseband Member
This one is just plain annoying. First off, may I state I am doing this for a customer at my job; I've been working at Pioneer Internet Services and Computer Repair since February and I'm A+ and CCNA certified, so I'm pretty educated and experienced.

To make a long story short, the customer's motherboard died on his Dell laptop, not under warranty, not interested in spending the money to replace it. He had a new HP that he doesn't even use, works fine. Basically what was requested was to take the Dell's HDD out, put it in the HP, and get a external casing for the HP's HDD for extra storage.

Everything worked fine and I didn't even have to do an XP repair or activation to get the Dell HDD with Windows XP, data, programs etc. on it to work with the HP, usually I have to do a Windows repair to fix the OS looping found in most motherboard replacements.

Now though, WordPerfect won't open. I can see the process start in task manager, "wpwin12.exe", but it ends after a few seconds. Apparently, it worked on the Dell before I moved the HDD to the HP. So far I have tried repairing the WordPerfect installation and reinstalling the program completely. Neither of these fixed the problem. Corel's knowledge base also didn't help at all.

Any help would be appreciated, I don't see how moving the HDD to a new laptop would affect WordPerfect and nothing else, unless of course it has better licensing protection than XP and refuses to install properly on another computer, I'd at least expect an error message if that was the case.

brady said:
OS updated completely?

Any errors at all?

What Version Wordperfect is it using?

XP is updated to SP2, CU's are pretty much up to date.

WordPerfect Office 12

No errors. I can see it running in task manager as a process, but it dissapears after a few seconds.

The thing is, it was working fine in the Dell, obviously before the motherboard died.

put the hp hdd back in. buy a usb external case (15 bucks) and transfer his data (documents, maybe applicaion data) to the hp. then install word perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom