Word Templates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinator9

Baseband Member
Ok Here it is. I have searched but can't find much usefull information.

My Dad went out and bought a new laptop with 1gb of ram and 1.6ghz proccessor. I am so jealous because our family pc only has 358mb of ram and 901mhz prccessor. Anyway he has got Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003. On word he wants to make templates. We have found out how to save them as templates by going to "save as" then saving as a template file (is that right?). But I don't fully know if what he means by a template... He wants to type up something in a format like a form of some kind. Then to be able to save it with blanks left out (you know like D.O.B etc) and the blanks are shaded grey untill you enter info. Do you understand. My dad and I would really like some help on how to make a "template" if that is what it's called...

Thanks!

Saving them with a .dot extension will create a Word template. Then you just use that file as a cookie cutter. Open the saved dot file, fill in the form and then save the final form as a .doc.

all you have to do is follow the link. from there click the link "get answers from other template users". every question you could have is in there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom