Word file deleted from Recycle Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolly

Baseband Member
Hi,

I deleted a word file (that I now need) from my recycle bin by accident.. I clicked on empty recycle bin not knowing that was there.

I know, I know, I know, thatÂ’s such a stupid thing to do but believe me, I have learnt from my mistake.

Is there any way of retrieving this file now (any hidden folders that might have it!!)..:confused:

Depending on how much you've saved to your HD since you deleted it, and how much you're willing to spend, you could bring it into your local computer shop and have them try and recover the information.

If you haven't saved over the sectors that the word document was saved on, the information is still there, the reference to the file is the only real thing you deleted.

bla!! said:
Depending on how much you've saved to your HD since you deleted it, and how much you're willing to spend, you could bring it into your local computer shop and have them try and recover the information.

If you haven't saved over the sectors that the word document was saved on, the information is still there, the reference to the file is the only real thing you deleted.

Thanks for your response. I have no intention on spending money on getting this document back! I just have to find a way of doing this myself? I havent saved much to my hard-drive since deleting the file so it shouldnÂ’t be too hard to find.. Just gotta find that place!

Maybe somebody else on here might have an answer on how to do it??

Lolly, there are some freeware available on the internet that you could try to use to get that Word file back. But there's two main variables that stand in the way. One is how fragmented your HDD was before you deleted your Word file and how much you've used your HDD since then. If you did not regularly defrag your hard drive your chances would be mediocre to slim. If you have used/accessed the partition where the data file was, your chances are slim and none - and slim just walked out the door.

You might try a google search on data recovery software and see what you get. I saw some the other day, but did not pay attention to the URL as I already have a utility that I use.

bla!! said:
Hey, just saw this link in a post by MicroBell

http://www.fdepot.com/freerecover.asp

I went there, and it was popups galore, but he says it might be able to accomplish what you're tryin to do.

Bla, i just tried that link but all i got was a window saying you have to click "yes" to enter this site.. so i kept on clickin on "ok" (the only button available) but it would not leave me into the site, i even had to get the task manager out to close the bloody thing! Gonna try the other options now...

jaknlisa619 said:
too bad yyou don't have norton system works cuz you can 'undelete' deleted items from the bin...i know, this don't help you a bit.......so, go to http://www.winrecovery.com/undelete/?rid=overture&kid=wt0106 and try this, clicke the download (not the buy button).

p.s. let us know if this works, ok? it'd be interesting to know.....k?

Thankfully, i found a hard-copy (which i never knew existed!) of the document i lost so i managed to scan it on to my hard drive as editable text so i dont need to go looking for the missing file..

Saying that, i checked out the link you gave me jaknlisa619 and that program looks cool. I downloaded it anyway, just in case i slip up in the future!

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom