Word Cannot Open a Saved Document

Status
Not open for further replies.

thyde9337

Beta member
Whilst using Word to try to continue writing a saved document the document disappeared when an unknown key was accidentally pressed. According to the files listing, the file was still saved, however, only a blank document is downloaded from the files listing. If the folder "My Documents" is opened from the Desktop, the file is listed with a file size of about 19k and, if the cursor is moved over the filename, the first sentence of the original document is displayed indicating that the contents are correctly saved somewhere in the computer. This problem only occurs with one file.

The program used is Microsoft Word 2000 (9.0.2720) on my Dimension 4100

Please can anyone tell me how the correct file can be located and downloaded?

thyde

My System

Dimension 4500, 2.53GHz processor, 1024Mb, XP, 160Gb hard disk, 80Gb hard disk, Roxio CD R/RW, Blueyonder Broadband & LAN, Dell Photo All-in-One printer. Iomega 500Gb hard disk
Dimension 4100, 1GHz processor, 256Mb SDRAM, ME, 20Gb hard disk, Adaptec CD R/DW, HP Deskjet 840C, Scanjet 3300c, Blueyonder Broadband & LAN.
Inspiron 8600, 1.4 Ghz processor, 512Mb SDRAM, XP, 40Gb hard disk, Philips CDRW/DVD disk drive, Blueyonder Broadband & LAN.
Netgear Router

What is the file type? If you can change the file type to what it's meant to be, that may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom