Word 2007 save doc then “not responding”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putt4Dough

Baseband Member
Hello,

I have an issue with Word 2007 on a client PC. I can open Word, create a document but when I click on Save, Word goes into a “not responding” mode. I installed all the updates, tried the repair mode and reinstalled. No change. I still have the same issue.

Any ideas out there?

TY
Mike

How long does it stay frozen? Have you checked the options on where they have the files are going to be saved. It could be that the location doesnt exist or is on a networked drive which is why it is taking some time to access the location for saving.

No that's not it since this is a home PC with no network but I think I found something. When I start Word with “Winword.exe /a” to prevent the loading of add-ins and global templates, It works fine. Now I just need to find what add-in or template is causing this.

I'm halfway done. I uninstalled an add-in but for some reason the toolbar is still present in the template configuration window even if the .dot file is not in the folder path. I can delete it from the templates and add-ins window but when I close Word it crashes and the configuration comes back. I searched and deleted the registry for any trace of this app. Deleted everything but it's still there in templates and add-ins window. Is there another way to delete this path?

Issue resolved. I Delete the Word Data registry key witch stored the template add-in information. Once I did that all the default settings were restored and Word works like it should.

Here are the links that helped me resolve this issue:
You receive an error message when you try to close or to save a Word document
How to troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word 2010, Word 2007, Word 2003, or Word 2002

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom