Word 2007 - Minor, but obnoxious issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
Weird issue I ran into here, fellas. When I open Word, the cursor just goes crazy. In a high speed spaz-out way it flickers between the regular white arrow and the blue circle. The blue circle I speak of is often seen when a program stops responding. This is a Core 2 Duo laptop with 4GB of RAM running Win 7 64 bit. On a fresh boot with nothing running, the proc is real quiet, idling at 2% or so with random spikes to 7 or 8%. Once I open Word, it idles at 50-60% easy. Some users I spoke to said (and I would agree with them here) that Word 2007 shouldn't be that fat to cause the proc to do that, which I think it's probably due to the cursor going crazy.

This issue also exists in Outlook when editing/replying to a message, however I assume that's because Outlook (from what I understand) uses Word as its editor.

I've done a repair install, no problems detected. I asked around and of course google'd and bing'd my way to China and back. This particular issue doesn't seem to be one I was able to find anywhere else. This is a brand new laptop, only been in use for about 3 weeks with a fresh image.

It's not a major problem. The user can still type. But it's one of those little things that I'm sure is an easy fix, yet I just can't crack it.

Any ideas? Kind of at a loss.

The only thing i can suggest is to remove and reinstall Office. That is a unique problem that i have never heard of before. You may have to contact Microsoft directly.

The only thing i can suggest is to remove and reinstall Office. That is a unique problem that i have never heard of before. You may have to contact Microsoft directly.

That was going to be my next plan but the teacher had to leave to some sort of rather important meeting with their laptop, but I DID do a "repair install" however I know repairs don't always do the exact trick, and sometimes fully removing it/re-adding would work. The laptop is unavailable today so I figured I'd try my luck with generating some ideas here. Thanks Mak!

EDIT - Removed Office 07 and reinstalled it. No dice. There has to be a fix for this... how annoying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom