Word 2002 Runtime error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinl1

Solid State Member
Every night I have a user who gets an error message everytime she closes out of MS Word. The title of the message is "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" and the message says "Runtime Error! Program C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\winword.exe abnormal program termination" I have seen this first hand and she is not doing anything different to cause this error. I have tried reloading Office, deleting normal.dot, and installing all of the Office updates. Tried reinstalling and udating Adobe 7, I had found some information that Adobe could be causing the problem. She has no plug-ins in office and she doesn't appear to have the Works converter installed. I am stuck, any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like you have done your due diligence in troubleshooting :)

What do the event logs show?

Nothing, the event logs aren't even showing there is a problem. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the PC of the admin assistant to the CEO of our company.

These are the programs she has installed Windows XP SP2, Adobe Acrobat 7.0.7 Standard, Brother MFL Pro Suite, Office XP, Paperport 8 SE, TrendMicro OfficeScan Client, J2S E Runtime Evironment

Is this an upgrade version, like did you upgrade to 2002 from a previous version?

Try and reinstall J2S E Runtime Envirnoment.

And does other computer have TrendMicro OfficeScan on their computers too and it doesn't happen for them?

No upgrade, everyone in the company does has Trend Officescan client on their PCs, it is the corporate edition, and no one else seems to have the problem. I will try reinstalling Java Runtime Evironment, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom