it wont delete PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tman114

Baseband Member
i downloaded what i thought was a desktop picture and it has the jpeg icon but when i click it it says "no image available" and i highlight it and hit delete but NOTHING happens
i right click and it says

edit
preview
rotate left
rotate right
send to

i tried to delete the folder it was in but NOTHING
IT WONT GO AWAY

please help me

delete it using the command prompt

DEL c:\path\of\file\*.*

this will delete everything in that folder so be sure you dont need anything in there

if that doesnt work let us know

Go into the command prompt in Accessories and enter:

DEL C:/Documents and Settings/Username/Desktop/filename

*Replace the Username with your accounts name, and filename with the name of the file*

i think he is talking about a picture that he saved in a location and tried to set as a background. what you need to do is get to command prompt start > run > cmd

then enter DEL c:\replace\this\with\location\filename.jpg

or you can delete every file in that folder if you dont have anything important in there and it will be much simpler

enter DEL c:\replace\this\with\location\folder\*.*

tman114 said:
i downloaded what i thought was a desktop picture and it has the jpeg icon but when i click it it says "no image available" and i highlight it and hit delete but NOTHING happens
i right click and it says

edit
preview
rotate left
rotate right
send to

i tried to delete the folder it was in but NOTHING
IT WONT GO AWAY

please help me

Me got the same problem in my Win XP Home.
The deleted files sometimes restored themseleves after I pressed "SHIFT+DELETE". I have to restart the PC and then earse them!

Sounds to me like the jpeg had a piggyback on it that stuck something in your registry that keeps it coming back. Can you boot in safe mode and delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom