won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
ok, I have two hard drives with windows XP on them. they stop at drivers .MUP I think when booting in safe mode.in regular mode it won't even get windows splash screen. I want to keep the data that's on the drives, so formatting and re-installing isn't the option. any ideas?

bump.... I would really like to get these drives going, what do I need to do? windows repair? re-install windows w/o formatting? or should I just consider the data lost and format?

I know for a fact that if it craps out at .mup its a video issue. Do you have onboard video on that board? If so pull the video card, boot up into safe mode and uninstall the video drivers. You can try doing the windows repair but if possible try either a different video card or onboard video if available.

Also, once you get things sorted out, i REALLY suggest that you make a 30gb partition just for windows so that if something does happen you can reinstall without losing your data.

ok... currently I swap HDD's between two working systems. I truelly want my XP so I can run dual os's here on my pentium2, as it's currently my main system. my shuttle has issues that nobody has responded to

Wait, you switch hard drives between 2 systems? If the 2 computers arent 100% identical then you are going to have driver issues which is probably the source of the problem. I know i was able to keep my old drives each time i upgraded to a NEW piece of hardware but when i tried to use the drive in the old machine it took a dump on me and i had to reinstall.

ok, I'll explain fully... I have tried on my shuttle... when that didn't work I tried again on my old pentium2 system. now, these were doing the same thing in the original systems I pulled them out of (or at least one of them, the other I don't really know where it came from). so again... I'm outta luck? just reformat and reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom