Wonky Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ler329

Solid State Member
Wonky Video Card? Not sure where this post should be, but here goes...

I have a Toshiba Laptop with a S3 video card. The computer always stays in one spot, but recently I moved the machine to another location. Nothing out of the ordinary happened.

However, whenI started it, it came up in safe mode and it took me about 5 re-boots to start windows in normal mode. Well after that, the display doesn't seem right. Small things like bold fonts are fuzzy looking. On the status bar, when a window is open the font and background on the button are fuzzy; yet an un-opened button looks fine.

My question is.....can the video card in the laptop be "loose" causing not 100% display? Is there diagnostics that can be run? I'm sure I can get use to this, but am trying to be pro-active from it happening and getting worse.

Any suggestions?

Well, not sure about your vid card, however, I've noticed something rather strange also. When I take my comp to a friend's house, a lot of times it doesn't work right at all. I get the stupid "safemode" screen. As for you labtop, I'd say you're pretty well screwed.

thanks for that insightful advice. next time keep it to yourself if you don't have anything useful to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom