Wn XP and Acer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayaseattle

In Runtime
hello

I have acer and win xp. my video display is terrible. its grainy and looks like you are looking at a negative or colored in two tones display.

how do i change this to actually get a good video display

(video=as in any videos i pull up on the net-fitness or yahoo news etc)

i have acer management etc

thank you

right click>settings>display do you have it on 32bit or 16?Acer is really a poor quality monitor in the first place, sorry. Do you have a video card if so what kind> Without a video card and poor onboard video plus a low quality monitor= a poor display of video plain and simple.

i see..i will try that..i upgraded my media player and it seems to be working better..still al little grainy but hey its getting there

didnt know acer had such bad monitors

every since i have bought this Acer, its been nothing but trouble

That'll happen. I'm really not a fan of their products, you kind of get what you pay for with them imo.
I'd recommend changing the resolution, color depth, etc. and seeing what that does for you. Also, play around with some of the monitor settings such as Brightness/Sharpness/Contrast and seeing if that helps at all.
There's also the possibility that the monitor cable you're using is bad, try testing it with another one if you can just in case.

I'd also recommend going to Acer's site and see if they have a driver for the monitor (yes, it happens sometimes)
Also check the manufacturer's site for your video card (or motherboard, for on-board graphics) to see if there's updated drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom