Wn XP and Acer - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Wn XP and Acer

I have acer and win xp. my video display is terrible. its grainy and looks like you are looking at a negative or colored in two tones display.

how do i change this to actually get a good video display

(video=as in any videos i pull up on the net-fitness or yahoo news etc)

i have acer management etc

thank you

Old 11-19-2006, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

right click>settings>display do you have it on 32bit or 16?Acer is really a poor quality monitor in the first place, sorry. Do you have a video card if so what kind> Without a video card and poor onboard video plus a low quality monitor= a poor display of video plain and simple.

Q6600@ 3.0ghz
eVGA 680i A1
4x1gb Mushkin DDR2 800
2x8800gt xFx
Coolermaster Stacker 830
Old 11-19-2006, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

i see..i will try that..i upgraded my media player and it seems to be working better..still al little grainy but hey its getting there

didnt know acer had such bad monitors

every since i have bought this Acer, its been nothing but trouble
Old 11-20-2006, 12:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

That'll happen. I'm really not a fan of their products, you kind of get what you pay for with them imo.
I'd recommend changing the resolution, color depth, etc. and seeing what that does for you. Also, play around with some of the monitor settings such as Brightness/Sharpness/Contrast and seeing if that helps at all.
There's also the possibility that the monitor cable you're using is bad, try testing it with another one if you can just in case.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

I'd also recommend going to Acer's site and see if they have a driver for the monitor (yes, it happens sometimes)
Also check the manufacturer's site for your video card (or motherboard, for on-board graphics) to see if there's updated drivers.
Case:NZXT Trinity Silver PSU:Apevia Aspire 500W UV Green Motherboard:Asus A8N-SLI CPU:AMD Athlon 64 3500 CPU Cooler:Zalman CNPS7700-Cu Video:2x eVga nVidia GeForce 6800XT (256MB DDR) RAM:2Gig (4x512 Corsair TwinX dual channel) HDD:160Gig Seagate Barracuda SATA, 200Gig Maxtor SATA III CD/DVD:LG DVD ROM, NEC 16XDVD+-RW
(\__/) This is Bunny. Put him in your
(='.'=) signature and help him on his way
(")_(") to world domination
Closed Thread