WMWare Resource Allocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
*MOD: I dont know if this is in the right place, if not please move, thanks*

I was wondering if it is possible to use WMware to dedicate certain resources such as USB ports to the virtual system only

My aim is to run dual monitors in SLI for gaming, but i hear that using the second monitor to do things while the first is running a game results in the game minimising, but if mouse movements are made in the virtual environment which the main OS doesnt see, then it shouldnt affect my game. The idea is to run programs like IE, WMP and maybe MSN on the virtual window and keep my main window on a game, and maybe dedicate 512mb ram to the virtual system (going for 4gb soon, spare xp cd floating around to install into).

So, is it possible to do what I have stated, or should i just take up my parents offer and get a laptop and avoid all the hassle of a PCI card, attaching 2 monitors and settig up WMware? :p

Hello,

What you are trying still will not work. The reason is that the VM MAchine will still be in a Window. Once you click that Window you will take focus away from the game and minimize it. Which is the same effect you get while gaming now.

Any which way you try it you are taking focus away from the game. Be it to go to a VM Machine or to another app you are taking the focus away form teh game and it will be forced minimized. Sorry.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom