WMP not working in Firefox!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to jcortes
Default WMP not working in Firefox!!

i installed firefox and any site that has a video embeded wont play it just says pluginspace and says install plugin but wen i do it says no plugin found and i know that it is the windows media plugin because i tested it on my website. please help.

AIM = jcortestechhelp
Old 12-03-2005, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

it works with version 1.5

Old 12-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Warez Monster
I have to quote this you are acutally using FF I knew you could not resist it for long.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 12-03-2005, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to jcortes

lol warez u didnt use firefox before welcome to the krew lol.

AIM = jcortestechhelp
Old 12-03-2005, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

I only use FF when i need to as in this case. There are a lot of people on here that have FF problems. So I like to find out the problem, verify a problem, or make the problem happen for me so I can learn how to fix it. I still use Explorer everyday and only FF when needed as for this post. I havent added any extensions, plugins, etc so its plain
Old 12-03-2005, 10:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by jcortes
i installed firefox and any site that has a video embeded wont play it just says pluginspace and says install plugin but wen i do it says no plugin found and i know that it is the windows media plugin because i tested it on my website. please help.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...64/plugin.aspx

but I would use this so that I can watch it in WMP and not the plug in. this way I can save the file to my computer too.
https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

Quote:
hey everybody, point warez to all of the goodies of FF, so he can fully convert

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/?application={ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}

https://addons.mozilla.org/themes/?application={ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}
Old 12-03-2005, 11:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

It would be a bad browser if they incorporated all those addins.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

you pick and choose. if you don't like it, uninstall it. once you get use to it, you will love it, the fact that you can customize everything to your liking. IE has a tendency to force things on you, whether you want the items or not.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well seeing that I have no issues with IE, I wont mess with it. I will only use it for testing issues.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:26 AM   #10 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Well seeing that I have no issues with IE, I wont mess with it. I will only use it for testing issues.
we are going to convert you, one way or another

Closed Thread