WMP crashes when I try to play a DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I'm at work and I brought in some DVD backups to watch during downtime. I have the Intervideo XPack on Windows Media Player, so I have the ability to watch DVD's. Weird thing, is that it keeps crashing when I try to watch one of the files. It usually works, but they are crashing on my laptop AND my work computer (both of which I have admin privileges). Any idea why? These did work at one point, just a few days ago, and no virus's or spyware or anything else malicious. Whose got some input?

EDIT: There is no encryption on these.

WMP crashes, not windows. It says "Windows Media Player has encountered an error and needs to be shut down... blah blah blah... Send error report... blah blah blah.... Dont send error report" And I click dont send and WMP shuts off.

:confused: I was just reading some of those Computer Stupidities and now I'm afraid I sound like one of them. :confused:

do you have one of those new nvidia card that seem to don't play movie right when your resolution is set higher than 1024 X 768?

also try using a media player other than intervideo. years ago they didn't play unencrypted dvds. but that made everybody buy power dvd who did. when they (intervideo) almost went out of business, they change their stance on unencrypted dvds

Nah, this is on two computers (hope nothings wrong with the files). No new NVidia cards. Since they are files and not the actual disc, I cannot use PowerDVD for them (thats what I have) but i have WinDVD at home and I will try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom