WMP 11 Not Starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmellyOne

Baseband Member
Hi, I'm trying to use Windows Media Player 11 to connect with my Xbox 360 but I have a problem. When I try to start WMP 11 it does not start. It shows the hourglass for a second but just does nothing afterwards(no error message or anything). I have tried reinstalling about 5 times but no success.

Edit: I feel I should add that WMP 11 has worked on this computer before.

Have you trying running it when xbox 360 is disconnected, have you installed some specific drivers for xbxox360 at your pc? It definitely has to have some which need to be installed especially on XP, i think that Vista can install it by it self as it is last's year console and it's made by microsoft indeed.

Thanks for the response. However the xbox 360 is not the problem(i probably should not have mentioned the 360 for it is not linked to the problem and i probably caused some confusion). I cannot get wmp to even start up. Not in anyway.

What have you done to the PC as of late that could have caused this.

Have you scanned for Viruses, malware, spyware?

Have you tried to uninstall WMP and reinstall it?

What have you done to the PC as of late that could have caused this.

Have you scanned for Viruses, malware, spyware?

Have you tried to uninstall WMP and reinstall it?

I can't say what i did because I cannot think of anything. Yes i have scanned for viruses, malware. and spyware. Im clean.

What have you installed lately? What have you uninstalled? Any changes made that could have affected WMP like removing a portable player or virtualization being used by WMP?

What have you installed lately? What have you uninstalled? Any changes made that could have affected WMP like removing a portable player or virtualization being used by WMP?

Sorry, the reason I can't remember is because this is my backup pc. I haven't used it for about 7 months and I don't remember when it was that wmp stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom