Wireless works only sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well actually only the wired card has the "Power Management" tab. However the wireless card on my laptop has a bunch of options in the "advanced" tab. I changed the power management from default to "Maximum performance/Lowest battery life". Hopefully this will help. I won't know until I go into standby/hibernation and return again. I'll post again when that happens with the results.

Well I haven't used my laptop since my last post, so I don't know about how its wireless is going.

However, my desktop's wireless is acting very wierd. I am now having the same problem where Windows thinks it has an excellent wireless connection, but nothing will load. I have tried many different programs that access the internet and none of them can display any web content. However, now this is happening if I leave my computer on for a few hours and come back to it. Usually the monitor has been turned off by Windows, but the system hasn't been in hibernation or standby mode at all.

Why does it do this? A simple restart makes the wireless work perfectly again, but that is a hassle to do everytime I come back to my computer after a few hours.

something must be wrong with your wireless system. try disabling stanby and hibernation

Standby and Hibernation ARE disable on this computer........

Here is what I just did to attempt to fix the problem, and it worked, but its such a hassle:

I uninstalled the wirelss PCI card in Device Manager and then reinstalled it. This caused the internet to work again and didn't require a restart...... but it was still a big hassle

argh, this is really frustrating.....

My laptop went into hibernation today. When it returned, the wireless didn't work. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the wireless card like on my desktop, but that didn't make the connection work, even though windows said it had an excellent connection. I then attempted to repair the connection, and it said the repair was successful, but the internet still didn't work after that.

I am starting to think it is my router/modem, because on the computer that is connected to it with the LAN cable also will often say that the network is unavailable. I just click "try again" and it will work, but the solution clearly isn't so easy with the other 2 computers.........

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom