Wireless is useless when coming back from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
So in Vista everytime I put my laptop to sleep, when it comes back, the WLAN is not working at all. The icon says it's connected to the network with internet access but no program can access the internet. I tried logging out and logging back in with no success. I also tried toggling WLAN on and off as well as disconnect from the network and reconnect. I have to restart until WLAN works again.

On Google someone suggested that I would go into Device Manager and turn off the power saving status of the WLAN card. Tried it and it didn't help.

Running Vista Ultimate x86 SP1

M$ "sleep mode" is pretty worthless, but not as worthless as Hibernate. Sure these are "nifty" power-saving features, but the OS suspends so many processes in such a manner that lots of things simply need to be reinitialized. You might as well just shut down and/or reboot instead of enabling "sleep" mode.

I have seen many large domains disable hibernate and sleep by default policy simply because it causes so many problems.

M$ "sleep mode" is pretty worthless, but not as worthless as Hibernate. Sure these are "nifty" power-saving features, but the OS suspends so many processes in such a manner that lots of things simply need to be reinitialized. You might as well just shut down and/or reboot instead of enabling "sleep" mode.

I have seen many large domains disable hibernate and sleep by default policy simply because it causes so many problems.

I am pretty sure it wasn't the OS. I think I have fixed the problem by switching to my Open DNS and I haven't had a problem since. I think my ISP's DNS servers suck pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom