Wireless USB Adapter drivers not working on HP Pavilion Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_wizard

In Runtime
I have an HP Pavilion laptop that I've been working on for a friend. When I first took a look at the laptop, it was running Windows ME and he already had the drivers installed. The device is a WPN111. You can find it here WPN111 Support Page. First thing I noticed when I went to open up the wireless configuration utility that comes with the drivers, it did not open. It would briefly pop up on the taskbar as if a window was getting ready to appear, but would just as quickly close out and nothing happened. So first thing I did was reinstall the drivers from that web-site there, same issue. Didn't help at all. Next step was I reinstalled the operating system. Fresh installation of Windows XP Pro. I re-downloaded the drivers and installed.... nothing. Same exact issue. I'm downloading the correct drivers and it installs successfully. No issues at all. I'm completely stumped. My friend had this laptop given to him because he doesn't have access to any other PC, but he's renting out a room and they have wireless there, so I would really like to get this working for him. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom