wireless setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
i have just bought a new PCI wireless adapter for a pc in my house. i have another 2 pc's on my wireless netowork so far. the card was installed correctly but wont pickup any netoworks even when its next to the router. i know nothing of channels but it ws at channel 1 by defualt and my router is channel 10 so i tried both any other suggestions?

cable & wireless only router they do so.. and the router is configured right its the card or i dont know but its not the router

snypercore said:
cable & wireless only router they do so.. and the router is configured right its the card or i dont know but its not the router

just install the driver for the card and not the software. then let windows find the connection

i did that but on the available wireless network list theres nothing even when the router is n the same room or next to the machine

eek, i've had this problem, its not a linksys is it? i ended up reintalling windows JUST to get it working, it seems it had some problems on enitial installation (yet it worked right in a Win2000 machine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom