Wireless Networking in Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hey Guys,

I have just managed to get a copy of Windows Vista running on my desktop, however, I cannot get access to the internet.

I use a wireless network at home, and in XP it just worked. Does anyone know how I can get the internet going on this? When I go on, 'Connect to a Network' it just says that it cannot find any networks, but I think it is looking through the Ethernet, not the WiFi, can someone help me to work out how to get Vista to use my Wireless netowork card?

Thanks a lot,

Charlie -

It has the same wireless network setup as xp. You don't have your drivers installed for you wireless card. go into device manager and see what's going on.

No drivers as flash dude said, although Iv had trouble finding any Belkin wireless drivers for vista so not sure what manufacturer your using could be the same situation though. What wireless card or adaptor are you using?

Ok, thanks for the reply, turns out I just had to re-install the software from the disc, never mind, me just having a mind blank!!!

Thanks anyway,

Charlie -

Oh, and by the way, Vista is verrry nice, pretty and functional, I'm surprised how everyone has been dissing it, it is really nice.

btw, I'm using a Belkin, I just had to reinstall from the disc baronvongogo...!

Hope that helps,

Charlie -

ah, well, this is RC2, it's really nice, I'm impressed...! More stable than XP for me as well...! Maybe my PC just wanted Vista... And therefore screwed up as much as possible on XP...!

Anyway,

Thanks,

Charlie -

Chazzer3 said:
More stable than XP for me as well...! Maybe my PC just wanted Vista...

lol. now that's funny

vista is nice, but it hasn't reach this status yet

I dunno, but on my PC running Vista, I haven't had a crash, BSOD, nothing, whereas, I have at least 2 BSODs a DAY! in XP, so I dunno maybe my XP installation is just f'd up...!?

Charlie -

Honestly, I've been messing around with Vista for the past few days (mostly just trying to get this activation crack to work ;)) and I've only had one frozen application (IE7, but it just hung for like 15 seconds and came back to life :p ), and just a few graphical problems, which could be attributed to my dying 7900GT. I haven't stuck Vista on my C2D/G80 system yet, as I'm waiting on something else first...

And when I compare it to using Windows XP at work all day, which has problems pretty much all day long ... Vista > XP in looks and stability, but XP > Vista in speed. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom