Wireless connectivity issues in WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik13

Beta member
Hello folks,

I've recently acquired Windows XP and went ahead and did the updates for the system. Anyway, I have another Windows XP machine using a Linksys WUSB11 ver. 2.6 (USB adapter for wireless connections). The USB wireless adapter can no longer view the network after I updated Windows on that machine. However, I can still connect with this computer directly into the router, so something in the updates messed with the wireless side. I've called Linksys, and they say it involves the Hotfixes installed during Windows Update. Obviously, I can't go running around uninstalling the hotfixes unless I want to chance system instability. Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Thanks,
Erik

Try search Google or the M$KB.

Or back up your system and then unistall the hotfixes until you find the culprit (99% of them are pointless anyway, imho).

have you tried running the network wizard included in xp.
i had some wireless problems, and it turns out that there are a few different configs in the wizard. i had to keep trying until everything worked

try disabling and re-enabling your local area network connection, or reset the router so its dhcp client list is deleted. there should be a reset button on the front of the router. if you changed anything in the router settings make sure you write it down so you can put the setting back. if you've never touched the router configuration or have no clue, don't worry just reset it. press the reset button and all lights will light up. after 30 seconds most of the lights will turn off except for some green , meaning it has been reset. reboot all of the computers connected to the router including the wireless one. and also make sure that you installed the drivers for the USB network adapter, but i assume you already did this?

I'm going thru the same issue myself right now Erik13. If I find out anything I'll let ya know but it's probably gonna be a few days before I can get to it.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom