wiping pc help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron-dodds

Beta member
hey

i have a problem ill tell you the start

i need to wipe my pc so i put cd in restart computer and press esc to boot from cd and it comes up with a selection of things i can boot from and i tried to go up and down using up arrow down arrow and it wont go up or down and if i dont do it within 5 seconds it closes down

what do i need to do

it wont let me go up or down on the menu and it has a timer so it wont boot up

any help ?

xp btw

Sounds like the system isnt recognizing your keyboard. You need to check your BIOS to make sure you have Legacy USB turned on or try another keyboard.

When you turn on your pc, most of the time the keyboards number key, caps key and other buttons will flash "3" times while your pc is posting and then will stay lit up.
If it doesn't do that at all, no lights on the keyboard either the ps/2 or usb keyboard being recognized at all.

If I were you I would try a a basic PS/2 keyboard and see if it will post most of the time you'll have a better chance of it coming on right away rather than a usb keyboard.
Last beware the PS/2 pin connectors can become easily damaged which would make it useless for the pc to see it at all.

Wait for those lights to flash (NUM/CAP/SCROLL) then hit the escape key multiple times, you could be causing the Keyboard to fail by hitting the escape to soon, also try a PS/2 Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom