Wiping HD clean and reloading Windows Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayp

Solid State Member
Will someone out there please advise me in simple terms how to wipe my computer clean and how to reload Windows Me.
The reason is I am having frequent problems with corruption and advised by local computer shop to wipe it all off, then to reinstall everything. I have been quoted £75 for him to do it, which I do not want to pay. Incidentally I am a pensioner of 74 but feel quite able to follow instructions.
my computer is as follows: 950 Duron. 40Gb HD. 256Mb Ram. K7S5a M/board. with CD RW, DVD/R, Floppy Drive, 15"TFT. using Windows Me and Microsoft Office 2000.

I would appreciate help so I may do the job here at home.:(

Just usr your Windows ME cd. Boot from it, and when it starts to go thru setup, it will find a previous version of Windows ME on it, then you can delete it and then format it. Then ME will install, just follow thru the instructions

Hey Warez Monster I am impressed by the speed of response to my query. When I do as you advise, will I lose the programs that are already loaded ie, Office 2000 and my documents ? Thanks Rayp.

Grateful thanks Warez Monster and RicoDirenzo for your input, it is precisely what I want in wiping "everything" off the HD. I have now saved my documents to disc as the first stage. I will shortly organize myself to begin the next stage with Win Me disc.
I wish you fellows lived next door with the knowledge you clearly have. Thanks Ray. Incidentally I worked for Carborundum Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom