Wipe question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalfan1185

Beta member
Hello all, I am new here. My name is Josh and I live in Rhode Island. This seemed like an appropriate place for my question, so here it is.

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 that I am workin on for a friend. Looking on the Dell website I find that there is no option on the driver page to order restore disks. I also notice that there is only a primary partition showing in 'my computer' that is "C:" I do not see a secondary partition for recovery.

When I press alt+11 on startup I see a Symantec Restore program that tells me that the next step will wipe the Hard drive clean and restore it to out of the box specs.

This PC is for incoming work orders and I cant have it go down for more that a day. Looking online searching forums and others issues on the same model gives me all different responses. The step by step on the dell website doesnt even mention that I need the restore discs to restore it and that the partition is "Hidden" but still I feel a little reluctant to wipe this PC in fear of the possibility that it may not have what it needs to come back up.

Anyone ever use this Symantec Utility before? this is a Dell Dimention desktop with Windows XP.

Pentium 4 2.8Ghz

Thanks for the input in advance guys, and thanks for having me.

I have used it before and was able to restore the Dell back to factory specs. You wont see the hidden partition because its hidden. Im not sure if you or someone else has done anything to the system its self but if everything is set the way it came from Dell, then the restore should go well for you and you wont need any disks that Im aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom