WinXP login....again

Status
Not open for further replies.

eipeks

In Runtime
First time I posted this, no one knew the answer...lemme try this again.

Im using Winxp Pro with a single user, after I downloaded the last batch of critical updates it changed something on my startup.

My windows no longer boots straight into XP. It always stops at the welcome screen and I have to click my user name to finish loading windows.

Im NOT using a password and there are no other users on my PC.

Is there a way to bypass the dumb welcome screen and load straight into windows from startup like it used to?

Go into the control panel (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel)

Double Click User Accounts and click "change the way users log on or off" and deselect "Use the Welcome Screen"

i did that, that only turns the welcome screen off, however it still has the login box, like windows 2k.
Of course, all I have to do there is hit ENTER, because there is no password.

I dont want this either, i want to turn on the PC, and have it go right into windows w/o it stopping at a login screen. I have had this problem twice, both times it has happened after Updating windows with the new updates....

any other ideas?

there is a setting i think in the same location the is something like "enable fast user switching" or logon or something like that, anyway it is the setting that you would use to "switch users" or something like that, it's where you get the pritty avitar for your NT account... disabling the welcome screen just disables this GUI feature for logon, however disableing the other setting (i wish i could remember exactly how it was worded) will disable that logon... however, there is a 3rd setting that will force you to "log on" to the machine in some cases esp. if there is multiple local accounts. anyway, try this and let me know....

that login shortcut its ctrl-alt-delete delete (tap delete twice). See what happens then.n Also, monkey around with your user account settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom