winxp home sata II driver question

Status
Not open for further replies.

p5200

Beta member
I just purchased the xp home with sp2 full install. does this OS contain the needed sata II drivers? or do i need to download special drivers to install by pressing the F6 option during installation if so, anyone have a link where i can find them? i have no problem with drive being found. everything goes fine booting from cd up to the point where it says your computer will restart in 14 seconds. when screen comes back up it says press any key to boot from cd usually, i just let it go and it boots on up but, not with this sata II drive i'm use to IDE drives. any help would be appreaciated! :confused:

you are saying your sata II drive is not being seen by the install process? if so than you will need your specific sata II drivers.

I didn't need any drivers for my sata II drive installing Windows MCE and then Vista

just go to the maker site and lookup the model, if it's that specific, which I have no clue since I have never needed to.

You have to go to the mother board manufacturer website. There you will find the specific drivers needed for the F6 steps of the Windows XP install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom