WinXP Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThokeGM

Beta member
Hello

I have a BIG problem with WinXP.

I made an Admin account when i first installed WinXP.
I decided yesterday that i wanted another Admin Account.
So i created one. Now i cant enter my first Admin account.
I can see the account specific files but i cant log in as that Admin. When i logout i only see the one i created yesterday.

I would appreciate any help you could have.
Thank you!

yeah i was wondering this too, i have no clue why. the original Adminstrator is always masked for some reason.

you can access it by entering safe mode by [start button> run] and enter msconfig in the run box. in the boot.ini tab select safe boot. you will then have control of the admin account. remeber to switch back to "normal startup" in the general tab when you are done.

really though you don't really need the admin. just create more accounts and give them admin privledge, i would just ignore it.

The problem is that once you create another admin account,, you probably got a long-winded box about privileges, environment, and appearances ,, not to mention Security... changing on the system if you proceeded,,

basically, you usurped your admin of his/her rights to the new account that you created,, Ek is correct in stating that going into computer management, creating a new user, choosing "other: administrator" for group affiliation ,, would have saved you all the bother,,

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom