Winrar CRC file corrupt error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruzzo

Beta member
Lately I have bought a new computer with windows 7 x64 and I installed winrar x64 for unzipping files. But I'm not sure why there are many times the software cannot unzip files properly which didn't happen in my old computer.

From just small document zipped files to large rar files with parts, many of them are corrupt and cannot unzip.

The weird thing is, I thought maybe it's the software so I uninstalled winrar and installed 7zip, some files like the small document files do extract successfully but still some larger files find errors. Then I install winrar again and it also extracted the smaller document files successfully lol, but like 7zip, it finds problems with larger files, saying the volume is corrupted.

And also very weird is I downloaded files from torrents and ppl leave comments saying they've tried installing and working great no virus, etc. That means the r01 part files are actually fine. But not sure why I just can't extract them. I copied the files to my laptop and still same thing.

I tried reinstalling windows 7 but still same problem. I remember before my older computer don't have this problem most files can be extracted successfully.

Is it due to the process my computer is writing the files onto the hard drive? It's very weird nearly all the files I've downloaded can't be extracted but the ppl that have downloaded the same files said they work perfectly...

Any clues? Should I downgrade to vista or xp instead of 7?
Thanks

Well without knowing anything other than they are downloaded torrents, i can say that the downloads are corrupt. If using WinRar and 7Zip both produce errors, then the files themselves are being corrupted during the download process. Cant really help you as we have strict rules about Torrents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom