WinFax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

syringe

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I know it's sometimes easier just to buy a fax machine, but in the situation where you have a computer, on high speed (satellite) but still have a modem installed.

Can you use Symantec WinFax to send and recieve emails?

It would be using the dial up modem. I know that it works for sending, it just dials the number like a normal fax machine (providing its a fax modem), but what about recieving?

It would most likely be connected to a phone line that is currently used primarley for voice calls.

Could you set it up, so that it goes to fax after a certian # of rings?

How does it recieve if there is no fax number? Or would it be that line's number?

Any feedack would be great,

Thanks,

winfax can send faxes as emails. it cannot receive emails, use any email client.

you can setup the modem to pick after X rings.

How does it receive if there is no fax number? :confused: the only way it would not have a number is on a callid blocked call, in which case it'll prolly label it as such.

why not use windows fax? it's free. go to add/remove window component and check it and stick in your xp cd.

you can fax anything on your computer. open it, hit print and choose fax as your printer. you can recieve faxes if you enable it

syringe said:
Hi guys,

I know it's sometimes easier just to buy a fax machine, but in the situation where you have a computer, on high speed (satellite) but still have a modem installed.

Can you use Symantec WinFax to send and recieve emails?

It would be using the dial up modem. I know that it works for sending, it just dials the number like a normal fax machine (providing its a fax modem), but what about recieving?

It would most likely be connected to a phone line that is currently used primarley for voice calls.

Could you set it up, so that it goes to fax after a certian # of rings?

How does it recieve if there is no fax number? Or would it be that line's number?

Any feedack would be great,

Thanks,

QUESTION/ WHAT SATELITE ISN'T HIGH SPEED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom