WindowsSecurityUpdate.exe - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default WindowsSecurityUpdate.exe

Can someone please tell me why all of a suuden a WindowsSecurityUpdate.exe window comes up at startup?
(see attached screenshot)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg windowssecurityupdate.jpg (48.9 KB, 27 views)

Old 11-27-2006, 06:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

As far as I know it shouldnt pop-up like that, most likly a virus/spyware run warezmonsters guide in my sig below.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

yeah man... looks bogus!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Thumbs up

garbage
Old 11-27-2006, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Good idea - post a picture to help us with your problem.

Bad idea - post an over-compressed scaled down picture to help us with your problem.

www.imageshack.us
Old 11-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Thumbs up

aawww.....its good enough..just the name is sufficient
Old 11-27-2006, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I need to mark this Post as SOLVED...but not sure how to.
I was reading some other Posts on Spyware...and came across a suggestion on running AVG Anti-Spyware(Full - trial version). I installed it and ran it...and it detected: TROJAN.AGENT.ABN and a Medium level Cookie that had a name similar to the pop-ups i was getting. The Trojan was successfully Quarantined and the cookie deleted. I no longer get that WindowsSecurityUpdate.exe window at startup and no more pop-ups.
But what puzzles me is...how come my TrendMicro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006(virus & spyware scans)...my fully Paid version of Spy Sweeper (scans)...Ad-Aware SE Personal (scans)...or Spybot S&D (scans) detected NOTHING!!
Frustrating!!!
Anyway...thanks for the replies!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by cway
I was reading some other Posts on Spyware...and came across a suggestion on running AVG Anti-Spyware(Full - trial version). I installed it and ran it...and it detected: TROJAN.AGENT.ABN and a Medium level Cookie that had a name similar to the pop-ups i was getting. The Trojan was successfully Quarantined and the cookie deleted. I no longer get that WindowsSecurityUpdate.exe window at startup and no more pop-ups.
But what puzzles me is...how come my TrendMicro PC-cillin Internet Security 2006(virus & spyware scans)...my fully Paid version of Spy Sweeper (scans)...Ad-Aware SE Personal (scans)...or Spybot S&D (scans) detected NOTHING!!
Frustrating!!!
You could edit your top post, and in the "Post Subject" part change the title of the thread to SOLVED or something like that, but no one here does that so you don't really need to do that.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by cway
Frustrating!!!
because they dont have definitions or updated definitions for that particular spyware, thats why it is good to run more than 1 spyware program, thatd why I also have several in my guide because they all dont catch everything