Windows7 Logon backgorund Changer

What is your opinion of Win 8? I just want to know from a very experienced user.

I like it. Been running it on my laptop since it was released on MSDN (about a month or so before retail release). Same with my wife. Only time I use Win7 is at work now. I put a start menu replacement on it and it's like Win7 but faster/tweaked. Offered to put the start menu on my wife's laptop but she refused and said she'd get used to it. And she did very quickly. And no, neither of our devices are touch-enabled so we don't benefit from Win8's touch capability.

I like it. Been running it on my laptop since it was released on MSDN (about a month or so before retail release). Same with my wife. Only time I use Win7 is at work now. I put a start menu replacement on it and it's like Win7 but faster/tweaked. Offered to put the start menu on my wife's laptop but she refused and said she'd get used to it. And she did very quickly. And no, neither of our devices are touch-enabled so we don't benefit from Win8's touch capability.

Good to know. Do you get ANY pleasure out of using the new tile screen even though you have no touch-enabled device?

Good to know. Do you get ANY pleasure out of using the new tile screen even though you have no touch-enabled device?

I don't see the Start Screen (the screen with the tiled interface) since I have a start menu replacement running. I startup, login, and it boots to desktop. Pressing the Start button or pressing the Windows key on my keyboard brings up the Start Menu.

I don't see the Start Screen (the screen with the tiled interface) since I have a start menu replacement running. I startup, login, and it boots to desktop. Pressing the Start button or pressing the Windows key on my keyboard brings up the Start Menu.

I understand that, but I'm sure if you point your mouse to the right of the screen the option does pop up, unless that is disabled too when you apply the start menu?

I understand that, but I'm sure if you point your mouse to the right of the screen the option does pop up, unless that is disabled too when you apply the start menu?

You mean the charms bar? Yeah it still comes up but I never use it. Only time I really ever see it is when I accidentally swipe right->left on my touchpad, since that's a touch gesture built in. I believe you can disable the Charms bar though too, depending on what software you use as a start menu replacement.

You mean the charms bar? Yeah it still comes up but I never use it. Only time I really ever see it is when I accidentally swipe right->left on my touchpad, since that's a touch gesture built in. I believe you can disable the Charms bar though too, depending on what software you use as a start menu replacement.

Huh... I think I'll just have to give it an honest try then lol Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom