Windows7 Logon backgorund Changer

nostalgia14

Beta member
Change the logon screen background of Windows7 with any Image you want with Logon Changer for Windows 7.

tweakslogonss2.jpg

Get it here: http://tweaks.com/software/tweakslogon/

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many programs that do this, StarDock has a program for it too. Tbh all it does is slow down your boot.

Tweaks Logon Changer doesn't slow down your boot. All it does is replace the default image file with a scaled down / size limited image of your choice. I've used it on pretty much all my Win7 systems (including my system here at work). There's a warning that pops up about the image being too big and that it will scale it down for you even. So no - it shouldn't slow down any boot times because either way - it's loading a simple image. It doesn't run on boot every time or anything like that. You could replace the image yourself manually if you wanted to even. This is just a nice GUI to do it for you.

I can't say one way or the other about Stardock's logon changer since I haven't ever used it.

I've used Stardock's boot image in the past, it's called BootSkin. I never noticed and slow down in the boot time, and it has some nice screens. I used this one when I had XP:
preview-32-204.jpg

But Stardock does not have this software available in Windows 7, and I'm not seeing anything from Stardock to make this for future windows versions
http://www.wincustomize.com/

Last edited:
Dont modify registry unless your actions have certainty!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background

I could have sworn you could do this easily by going into control panel and then going to user accounts and then change your picture... Am I misreading something here? lol

I could have sworn you could do this easily by going into control panel and then going to user accounts and then change your picture... Am I misreading something here? lol

They're changing the background of the login screen not the profile picture.

That's Windows 8 you can change the lock screen background (prior to the login prompt) through PC Settings.

Back
Top Bottom